What if you could get a Masters degree in Machine Learning for under US$8000, from a top US university, without quitting your day job or moving location? Georgia Tech’s pioneering Online Master of Science in Computer Science (OMSCS) program offers just that. In this episode, Dr David Joyner joins Dr Genevieve Hayes to discuss OMSCS, the world’s first MOOC-based degree.
This is the first part of a two-part conversation, which is continued in Episode 10.
Dr David Joyner is the Executive Director of Online Education and the Online Master of Science in Computer Science at Georgia Tech’s College of Computing. Between 2019 and 2021 he taught a total of 21,768 for-credit college students, more than any other person on the planet. He is also the author of the recently released Teaching at Scale, and co-author of The Distributed Classroom.
- What is the OMSCS?
- How OMSCS compares to other Computer Science Masters programs and MOOCs?
- How online education can help data scientists keep pace with the rapidly changing technological landscape.
- Challenges and opportunities associated with teaching and learning in the online space.
- Why Georgia Tech students talk about “getting out” instead of “graduating”.
- Connect with Genevieve on LinkedIn
- Be among the first to hear about the release of each new podcast episode by signing up HERE