Over the past decade, demand for data talent has grown exponentially, and this has had a massive impact on talent acquision in the data space. Employers of data professionals frequently cite talent acquisition as one of the biggest challenges they face in building their internal data capabilties. In this episode, Dr Genevieve Hayes is joined by data recruiter Joel Robinstein to discuss the data science recruitment landscape, including practical advice for both data scientists and those looking to employ them.
Joel Robinstein is Head of Clients Services and Operations at Precision Sourcing Australia, where he has over 12 years’ experience working in the data recruitment space. He is also the co-host of the podcast Keeping Up With Data.
- The evolution of the data science recruiting space over the last 10 years.
- What employers look for when hiring data staff, what data scientists look for in prospective employers, and how this varies by role seniority.
- Strategies organisations can employ to identify, attract and retain data talent.
- What makes a great data science leader.
- Career paths available to data scientists and how you can make them happen.