Data science is an in-demand skill. Yet, many data scientists find it challenging to get started in the industry and to differentiate themselves from other data scientists once they find a job.
In this episode, Jonathan Stark joins Dr Genevieve Hayes to discuss how data scientists can find their niche and build a reputation as a data science authority.
Jonathan Stark is a former software developer who now helps independent professionals make a living while increasing their impact on the world. He is the author of Hourly Billing Is Nuts, the host of the podcast Ditching Hourly and the co-host of The Business of Authority.
- How data scientists can build their authority and move away from being viewed as commodities.
- The benefits of specialisation, both as an independent professional, and as an employee of a larger organisation.
- Is it necessary to manage staff in order to establish your credibility as an authority in data science?
- How your authority as a data scientist, once established, could potentially be leveraged both within the corporate world and as a springboard into an independent career.
- Connect with Genevieve on LinkedIn
- Be among the first to hear about the release of each new podcast episode by signing up HERE